If you have not heard of the Life of a Saint series by the Magnificat division of Ignatius Press, well, now you have!
Each book in the Life of a Saint series is an 8.75″ x 10.25″ hardcover picture book, originally suggested for age 7 and up.
While there are only 32 pages in each book, the text contained within is a bit more than a young child can attend to. The Magnificat website now advertises these books for children age 5 and older, but with only one 5 year old in our house so far, it has been our experience that we need to paraphrase the stories quite a bit.
Whether the full text is best for age 5 or 7, the watercolor images are gorgeous and make these books worth the investment, even if your kids are still a bit younger.
These picture books are Catholic in content and point of view, and they are wonderful additions to our family library. So far, there are six books in the series. Please follow each link for a post containing a look inside each one:
- St. John Mary Vianney: Holy Cure of Ars (2008)
- St. Bernadette: The Little Girl from Lourdes (2010)
- St. Francis: The Poor Man of Assisi (2011)
- St. Therese: The Little Flower of Lisieux (2011)
- St. Peter: Apostle of Jesus (2014)
- [St.] Mother Teresa: The Smile of Calcutta (2016)
Seasonal Catholic highly recommends this fantastic book series for young children!